This qualification reflects the role of personal trainers who have specialist skills to train individual clients, or groups of clients, on a one-on-one or group basis, to improve health-related components of fitness in relatively low risk situations. This may include training of older clients and children.
Thankyou for inquiring on Mark McGaw Institute of Sports Science (MMISS) website to become a Personal Fitness Trainer. Mark McGaw has been involved in fitness education and sports science for 20 years, creditable continuing education and mentors at he highest level is important to help strive to achieve the best knowledge available, eventually being able to disseminate this information to the learner. One of my mentors was Dr Fred Hatfield PHD world-renowned strength and conditioning coach who has broken over 30 world records in the sport of power lifting.
MMISS education includes many formats; part of the theory learning includes practical theory utilising simulation fitness toolboxes. While the learners is completing the theory you are able to simulate the workplace at home through the fitness toolbox before you move into the real life workplace for supervised training and self practice The different modes of deliver we utilise helps you learn and then earn as a highest-qualified Gym instructors and fitness trainers.
As the owner of MMISS I will be your main point of contact, you will have access to my technical support and MMISS will certify you as a top line Fitness trainer respected in the industry.
MMISS is proud that Mark McGaw was the first in Australia to deliver the Correspondence fitness course format. This format was submitted to SA fitness back in 1995 for approval.
This course is completed online with practical assessments recorded in the workplace. In order to achieve the Certificate IV, you will need to have access to a gym with the following:
- A qualified supervisor who holds a Certificate IV in Fitness (a copy of their qualification will need to be provided at signoff)
- You will need to undertake activities and work with a range of clients including:
- a female adult
- a male adult
- a client seeking to lose weight or fat
- a client seeking to build muscle or increase weight
- a female client aged 55 years or over
- a male client aged 55 years or over
- a client aged 55 years or over for whom medical advice has been received
- a female adolescent client
- a male adolescent client
- an adolescent client aged between 13 and 15 years
- an adolescent client aged between 16 and17 years
- Over 18 & a passion for helping others or if under 18 guardian or parents permission
- Entry to this qualification is open to individuals who hold a current first aid and CPR certificate and have been recognised as competent through a recognised training program or recognition process against the following units of competency:
- HLTAID011 Provide First Aid (or a unit that supersedes this unit)
- HLTWHS001 Participate in workplace health and safety
- SISFFIT032 Complete pre-exercise screening and service orientation
- SISFFIT033 Complete client fitness assessments
- SISFFIT035 Plan group exercise sessions
- SISFFIT036 Instruct group exercise sessions
SISFFIT040 Develop and instruct gym-based exercise programs for individual clients
- SISFFIT047 Use anatomy and physiology knowledge to support safe and effective exercise
- SISFFIT052 Provide healthy eating information
To acquire industry association registration all units of competency in the Certificate III in Fitness is required.
Learn at your own pace. 12 months to complete.
Expected Modes of Learning
Fitness online toolbox, electronic workbooks, real life practice
Customised payment plans available
Discounts apply for upfront payments: refer to pricing
Why Study with MMISS
MMISS has highly comprehensive courses and are renown in the industry as one of the highest standards of fitness trainers in Australia.
Why is MMISS an industry leader?
- The most comprehensive course available
- The mentor is the owner of the business. Mark McGaw has 20 years as a lecturer and assessor and has been a professional athlete at the highest level (Australian Rugby League representative)
- Mark McGaw was the first to bring distance education into Australia
- Interactive online learning
- Quality and unlimited technical support by Mark McGaw
- Course Requirements
- Packaging Rules
- Units of Study
This method of technical support is quick and effective. The turn around for a response in most cases is the same day. If your workplace assessor does not return your email, then there may be up to a 48-hour response.
If a response has not been given by the next day, please resend the email as we pride ourselves on same day help. A call to us on 02 9692 0455 to let us know a support email has been sent will ensure another workplace assessor can take this support request if the assigned mentor is in lectures.
Just call us on (1300 542 563) to organise face to face time with a Fitness Workplace Assessor for one on one support. You must have all the questions in order and ready to go before the meeting so time effective responses are maintained.
Another option is for the student wishing to travel to our office/gymnasium at Pyrmont and spend a day or a few hours practicing exercise techniques and sitting and studying on site with other students.